We understand that carers sometimes need a break from their caring role.
When your carer needs time of their own or simply needs to attend to other matters, we offer support through our respite services. With short-term day and overnight respite options, your carer can take a break with the comfort of knowing that you are receiving the support and attention you need.
Types of respite care offered through our Home Care Services:
- In-home respite - Receive time with a care worker in your own home while your carer takes some time out. Home respite provides you with continuity of care through companionship, or personal or domestic assistance, in your own home.
- Day respite - Day respite offers you the opportunity to attend a Wellness Centre where you can enjoy social and recreational activities in a relaxed, yet stimulating environment, while your carer is doing other things. Wellness Centre activities may include the option to join group outings and bus trips to places like the local park, art gallery, the shopping centre or swimming pool.
- Overnight respite - Our overnight option provides carers with short flexible breaks while you stay at one of our well-equipped and comfortable overnight centres (for up to three nights). Our qualified, experienced care workers provide personal care and attention according to your needs. There are plenty of activities on offer including wellness programs, quizzes and board games, music appreciation, discussion groups and group outings.
Centre Based Respite Care Locations
- Waitara Overnight Respite Cottage
Chantal Cottage, 28 McAuley Place, Waitara
02 8876 2750 (Thurs - Sun)
- Dubbo Long Day Care
2 Tony McGrane Place, Dubbo
02 6881 3710 (Thurs)
- Dubbo Overnight Respite Cottage
2 Tony McGrane Place, Dubbo
02 6881 3710 (Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Willoughby Day Centre Respite
114 Sydney Road, Willoughby
02 8876 2270 (Tues, Thurs, Fri)
Catholic Healthcare can also offer respite care across our 43 Residential Aged Care Homes.
Contact us today on 1800 225 474 to find out more about our suite of respite care options.
Home Care Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Home Care?
We understand there’s no place like home. That’s why we offer a wide range of in-home aged care services so you or your loved one can remain living independently at home. From making daily tasks easier with transport to the shops, cooking or cleaning to improving health and wellness, clinical services and more, we’re here to help you maintain your lifestyle at home for longer.
Home Care Services (also commonly referred to as in-home care) can be Government subsidised under either the Commonwealth Home Specific Programme (CHSP) for basic level care, or Home Care Packages (HCP) for multiple or more complex requirements.
2. What will it cost?
The cost of aged care is different for every individual and is determined by the Australian Government based on your financial situation -please see their handy fee estimator calculator at https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/how-much-will-i-pay.
3. What types of Government subsidies are available?
To understand what government subsidies are available and how these work, please click here to read HCS: Fees, Caps & Government Subsidies.
4. What’s the difference between CHSP and HCP?
For more information, please click here.
5. Who will provide my care
There are many approaches we take to ensure the right Care Worker is matched to you depending on your needs and preferences. We employ Care Workers based on their qualifications, skills, experience and alignment with our company’s mission and values. We also have case management expertise and ongoing reviews of your care needs by our experienced Care Advisors to ensure your maintaining your health, independence and lifestyle at home for longer.