The 2023 bushfire season has already started, and unseasonably warm spring weather has led to increased fire risk in regions in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, and the Northern Territory.
With drier and warmer conditions continuing across Australia, it is time to understand your bushfire risk and plan and prepare, with some of our helpful tips below.
Plan and prepare:
Shop online where you can, and ask for family assistance in doing so
- Store long–life staples and food products if unable to shop readily
- If you live in a bushfire zone, please be aware of the evacuation plan
- Have easy access to your emergency contacts and update your Catholic Health Care Emergency Plan if needed
- Have valuables on hand, ready to take with you if necessary.
Beat the heat:
- Ensure your cooling systems (air conditioning and fans) are adequate and working effectively
- Keep curtains and blinds closed on hot days to reduce excess heat
- Keep hydrated with water and fluids regularly.
Contacting Customer Care:
Customer Care can be contacted on 1800 225 474 if you wish to make changes to your services. A care advisor or coordinator can be contacted for further support. Feedback is always welcome and can also be communicated to your community worker.
Stay safe this summer season.