Buried in Treasures
Based on the successful self-help book, Buried in Treasures: Help for Compulsive Acquiring, Saving and Hoarding, written by the world’s leading experts in the treatment of hoarding disorders, Buried in Treasures is a free and comprehensive 15-week group learning program, that aims to equip participants with the practical skills required to overcome hoarding tendencies.
Catholic Healthcare runs this life-changing program with the assistance of the Department of Health as part of the Commonwealth Home Support Program. Each program is limited to 12 participants. Buried in Treasures is available in the following NSW regions:
- South West Sydney
- South East Sydney
- Inner West
- Central West
What the program offers:
- A broad understanding of hoarding and the reasons behind it
- Practical guidance and support to start organising clutter
- Strategies to decide on what to keep and how cope with temptation to collect more
- An opportunity to share your experience with those that truly understand
- Help to overcome feelings of fear, anxiety or depression
- A free copy of the Buried In Treasures book
- An optional one-on-one home visit, to help implement your new skills
Catholic Healthcare can also provide additional government-funded assistance to support you to achieve your goals beyond the Buried In Treasures program.
If you are 50+ and tend to accumulate excessively or have difficulty parting with items of little value, you are eligible for this program. You do not require a formal assessment or clinical diagnosis in order to access this service.
$0. Buried in Treasures is a free program offered as a government funded initiative, under the Commonwealth Home Support Program. (CHSP). Our highly-trained staff can assist you with registering for government funding, if required.
BURIED IN TREASURES PROGRAMS
9:30am - 11:30am weekly, for 15 weeks.
- Mondays, starting 30th August 2021, Click Here to register
- Tuesdays, starting 31st August 2021, Click Here to register
- Wednesdays, starting 1st September 2021, Click Here to register
- Thursdays, starting 2nd September 2021, Click Here to register
- Fridays, starting 3rd September 2021, Click Here to register
Note: You will be allocated the same day and time ( 9:30am-11:30am) for the full 15 week program.
Want to express your interest of find out when the next available Buried in Treasure programs starts in your area? Simply let us know via the enquiry form button below.
* Please note: Home visits are subject to availability of services in your area.