Buried in Treasures Support Groups
09 Jul 2021
Do you or someone you know have a tendency to accumulate excessive items, or find it difficult to part with them?
Buried in Treasures is a FREE 15-week group program, providing in-depth training and support for people with clutter and hoarding tendencies.
Facilitated by qualified case managers, you will learn practical skills to overcome clutter in a small group setting of up to 12 who share similar experiences.
The program is based on the successful self-help book Buried in Treasures: Help for Compulsive Acquiring, Saving, and Hoarding, written by Dr Randy Frost, Dr David Tolin, and Dr Gail Steketee who are among the world’s leading experts in the study and treatment of hoarding disorder.
If you have any questions about the 'Buried in Treasures' program or trouble registering, please contact the program coordinator Amanda Peterson on 0498 006 330.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the Buried in Treasures support groups will be held online.
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF THE PROGRAM:
- Understanding hoarding and why people collect
- Motivation and confidence to get started with organising clutter
- The practical skills and strategies for deciding which items to save, and resisting the temptation to collect more
- Meet others who truly understand your experience in a supportive and respectful environment
- Help overcoming feelings of anxiety and/or depression
- Plus you’ll receive a free copy of the Buried in Treasures book
The program includes optional one-on-one home visits to help you implement the skills that you learn in the group session. Plus, as a holistic aged care provider we can provide specialised government-funded support to help you continue to reach your goals after the program has finished.
BURIED IN TREASURES PROGRAMS
9:30am - 11:30am weekly, for 15 weeks.
- Mondays, starting 30th August 2021, Click Here to register
- Tuesdays, starting 31st August 2021, Click Here to register
- Wednesdays, starting 1st September 2021, Click Here to register
- Thursdays, starting 2nd September 2021, Click Here to register
- Fridays, starting 3rd September 2021, Click Here to register
Note: You will be allocated the same day and time ( 9:30am-11:30am) for the full 15 week program.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE BURIED IN TREASURES PROGRAM
Buried in Treasures is open to people across NSW who are eligible for the government's Commonwealth Home Support Programme. If you have a tendency to accumulate excessive items, or find it difficult to part with them, then this program is for you.
- You do not need to be formally assessed as having hoarding disorder in order to attend
- To be eligible for CHSP, you must be aged 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people). Alternatively, you are 50 years or older (45 years or older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) and on a low income, homeless, or at risk of homelessness.
- You do not need to be an existing Catholic Healthcare client to attend.
$0. Buried in Treasures is government-funded under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). If you need help registering for CHSP, register for the program and our staff will assist you.
* Home visits are subject to availability of services in your area
WHAT DO YOU NEED IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE?
You will need access to a computer, tablet, phone or other device, and a reliable internet connection. If you need help with accessing a device, we can help. Our team will discuss options with you. If you have any concerns or trouble registering please contact the program coordinator Amanda Peterson on 0498006330.