(The advice below remains current until changed)
10 August 2022
We acknowledge the impact that COVID-19 is currently having on our workforce and services across NSW and would like to extend a thank you, for your understanding during this challenging start to the year.
As always, the safety of our clients and our teams is our number one priority, so we continue to ensure our community workers and all our people are isolating themselves in line with the public health order for close contacts and positive test results.
We deeply regret that the impact of COVID-19 on our workforce, has resulted in some client services needing to be rescheduled or cancelled. We are prioritising essential services above all others and ask for your patience during this time.
What we are doing to maintain services:
- Ensuring our teams understand the close contact and isolation rules and report as soon as possible so we minimise staff unavailability and risk.
- Prioritising essential services to be scheduled and filled first.
- Deploying staff from other functions to assist with all service-related activities.
- All our teams are triple vaccinated, and we are encouraging fourth doses for staff and clients.
- Providing essential services for unwell clients by wearing Personal Protective Equipment.
- We have many volunteers who would love to provide support in other ways such as phone calls or visits. Please let us know if you would like to find out about this.
Ways in which you can help us provide you with the best service and supports is by:
- Contacting us with as much notice as possible if you need to change or cancel your services so we can effectively plan for you and other clients’ services.
- Discuss with friends and family how they may be able to assist with meals, transport or shopping services
- Wearing masks and maintaining a safe distance when you are in community, or even when you have a Community Worker in your home.
- Ensure you and those in your household are up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations.
Please be assured, our teams are continuing to monitor the health and wellbeing of our clients closely during this time. We continue to focus on recruiting and training our amazing teams of community workers, nurses and allied health staff so we can provide you with the home life you choose.
For any questions or concerns please contact us on 1800 225 474.