It's Time to Care About Aged Care Campaign
17 Feb 2021
Catholic Healthcare is proud to be joining more than 1,000 organisations in supporting a new campaign titled 'It's Time to Care About Aged Care'.
With the Royal Commission into Aged Care set to deliver historic recommendations, the time is right to encourage Government to fund a world-class, sustainable aged care system that enables older Australians, and those who care for them, to live life to the full.
In a key report published this week:
- Australia's investment in aged care is about half of what is spent by other comparable countries. Australia spends 1.2% of its GDP on long-term care of older people, compared to an international average of 2.5%.
- Australia will need to provide a further 88,000 residential aged care places over the next 10 years to address our ageing population.
- There is also a significant shortfall in home care funding with almost 100,000 people waiting for care at their approved level. Download the Report: It's time to care about aged care.
How you can help:
- Show your support - visit the Australian Aged Care Collaboration campaign page, sign the petition and stand up for older Australians. Sign the petition – It's time to care about aged care
- Like and share social media posts about #careaboutagedcare
Thank you for your support and the wonderful work you do every day in caring for older Australians.