Breakfast power for the weekend
10 Jul 2020
For extra protein and calcium make your porridge with milk rather than water.
|Ingredients||1 Serve||2 Serve|
|Fruit porridge oats or rolled oats||½ cup||1 cup|
|Ground linseed (optional)||1 tablespoons||2 tablespoon|
|Milk or water||1 cup||2 cups|
|Maple syrup and milk or yoghurt||To taste||To taste|
- Put the oats, linseed and milk into a saucepan.
- Bring porridge to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for a minute or two until the oats are soft and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl, add the milk and maple syrup and top with sliced banana and nuts.
Variation: replace maple syrup with golden syrup, runny honey or brown sugar.
- Place oats, coconut and milk in a deep sided microwave-safe container.
- Cook, uncovered on high power for 2 minutes. Stir well.
- Cook 2 minutes on medium power. Stir and if needed cook for a further 30 seconds on medium power.
- Pour into a bowl, add milk if desired and maple syrup. Top with sliced banana and nuts.
Did you know Catholic Healthcare has a meal preparation service? To find out what in-home services we offer to help you prepare for the colder months contact our customer service team on 1800 225 474 or visit https://www.catholichealthcare.com.au/homecare/