Catholic Healthcare celebrates 25 years
22 Jul 2019
Today, Catholic Healthcare is delighted to celebrate 25 years of health and aged care service right across the organisation.
View a celebration of 25 years with this video - Celebrating 25 Years.
Catholic Healthcare held events across its aged care homes, community wellness centres, and retirement villages, where more than 300 employees also celebrated their service awards. Special celebrations will also be held over the coming weeks across many regions in which employees, residents, clients, families, media, and members of the community will attend.
Catholic Healthcare’s Managing Director, David Maher said, “Today marks a significant milestone for Catholic Healthcare as we celebrate our 25th birthday, our silver jubilee. We have much to be proud of and much to look forward to.”
"Today, we celebrate the care and support we have provided over the past 25 years, and we celebrate our colleagues who are passionate about the wellbeing of our clients. It is also an opportunity to reflect on our achievements and challenges over the past 12 months," he added.
Some of the highlights include:
- The Haven Aged Care in Wagga Wagga transfers to Catholic Healthcare
- Commenced work on our new Retirement Living development at McQuoin Park, Wahroonga
- Fifty residents of Villa Maria Centre, Fortitude Valley in Queensland, moved into their newly refurbished home
- Celebrated uniting The Mater with Jemalong Residential Village and announced the construction of a Retirement Living Village in Forbes, where we are building 19 free-standing villas
- Commenced construction on a new Residential Aged Care home at Casula
- Settlement of three new aged care development sites, the first tranche in collaboration with Lendlease, including our first in Victoria
- Winner of the Meaningful Ageing Australia 2018 Pastoral & Spiritual Care Practice Award
- Doubled funding for our annual Employee Scholarship Program, a program that provides financial assistance for our people pursuing learning in aged care
- Celebrated the success and milestones of our people at the prestigious annual 2018 Gold Dove Awards
- Rolled out new learning initiatives across the organisation covering a variety of areas including leadership development, customer service skills, and consultative discussions
- Rolled out a new Ready Steady Move training program across Home and Community Services focused on improving employee safety.
Several 25th-anniversary events were held this year to ensure everyone had an opportunity to be involved. These included:
- A special mass at Mary MacKillop Chapel in North Sydney followed by a Gala dinner
- 25 years of personal stories
- 25-year commemorative celebration book
- A Win A Wish Competition where 25 residents and clients had their wishes granted ranging from balloon rides to camel rides, an art gallery experience and lunch with friends.
Read more Win A Wish stories: