Whether it’s planned or an emergency, our experienced care team are here to help
For a limited time only, Catholic Healthcare are offering up to 28 days complimentary respite residential aged care at St Mary’s Villa and Holy Spirit in Dubbo, and St Francis Aged Care in Grafton. If you or your loved one would benefit from free short term Respite Care during summer, get in contact with us today by completing the 'Book a Tour' form below or calling us on 1300 170 867.
- Comfortable, air-conditioned rooms
- Nutritious daily menu options
- Registered nursing care
- Exercise, arts and pastoral care programs
View the terms and conditions below
"I’ve become a different person from the time I came in because I know there are people there to look after me."
Eleanor, resident at St Mary's Villa, October 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
Call us on 1300 170 867 and our friendly staff will guide you through the steps.
1. Choose your home. You can book a tour at our aged care homes to truly gain a feel for the community, and meet the staff and others who already call them home.
2. Check your eligibility and needs. To help ensure you get the right level of assistance, you’ll need to have an Aged Care Assessment. This is a free consultation, usually at your home, to determine your care needs. To arrange your assessment, you’ll need to register with My Aged Care at myagedcare.gov.au or call 1800 200 422.
3. Apply for respite. Before you move into your new home, you will need to formally apply by completing our Application Form.
4. Settle in. Our in-home team will be on hand to help make the transition as easy and seamless as possible. We will help you settle in and give your new home a personal, familiar feel.
Until 29 February 2020 we are offering to waive the Basic Daily Fee (Respite Fee) for Residents that are staying a minimum of 14 and a maximum of 28 days. The Basic Daily Fee is set by the Australian Government and is currently $51.63 per day.
To be eligible for the Respite offer, you must have Aged Care Assessment Team approval for respite, and 35 days of subsidised Respite Care available. The complimentary respite offier is available for residents that are staying a minimum of 14 and maximum of 28 days.
Our team are available to discuss your specific needs, call us today 1300 170 867.
1.1. Between 1 December 2019 and 29 February 2020 (Summer Respite Period) CHL is offering to waive the current Daily Care Fee (currently $51.63 per day but subject to change from 1 January 2020) for up to 28 consecutive days for eligible residents entering Residential Respite care at the following homes:
1.1.1. Holy Spirit Dubbo; and
1.1.2. St Mary’s Dubbo.
1.2. Between 13 January 2020 and 29 February 2020 (Summer Respite Period) CHL is offering to waive the current Daily Care Fee (currently $51.63 from 1 January 2020) for up to 28 consecutive days for eligible residents entering Residential Respite care at the following additional home:
1.2.1. St Francis Aged Care Grafton
1.3. To be eligible, Your Respite Period must be between 14 and 28 days, You must have a valid Aged Care Assessment Team approval for government-subsidised residential respite care and You must be eligible to receive a minimum of 35 days approved subsidised Respite Care for the 2019/2020 financial year.
1.4. Only the days of Your Respite Period that fall within this Summer Respite Period are eligible to have the current Daily Care Fee waived. Any days of Respite care that fall outside of the Summer Respite Period will be charged at the normal Government rates. These charges will be outlined to you prior to entering Residential Respite.
1.5. You will also be required to enter into a Respite Agreement with Catholic Healthcare which contains additional Terms and Conditions.