Charles O'Neill Hostel (Mayfield West)
Located on a quiet, residential street in the Newcastle suburb of Mayfield West, Charles O’Neill Hostel has a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, with residents’ artwork decorating the communal spaces.
The modern, secure, single-storey building offers generously sized bedrooms with easy access to courtyard gardens, and a choice of shared areas to enjoy activities and spend time with visitors.
With 24/7 support from a registered nurse, our warm-hearted community encourages you to make use of the personal services available and join in your choice of activities for the lifestyle you prefer.
We understand that moving into a new home may be challenging, so we would like to offer you as much assistance as possible. Our customer relations team are here to help. Contact us on 1800 225 474 or complete our enquiry form.
Video Credit: NBN News (Tahlia Sarv)
- Accomodates up to 40 residents
- Comfortable rooms with private en-suites
- Modern and spacious building
- Close to public transport and local clubs
- Access to local community garden
- Library services available
- Visiting doctors
- Exercise classes
- Regular church services
- Activities such as bingo, carpet bowls, gardening and outings
- Access to neighbourhood centres
- External services available on request such as hairdressers, podiatrists, physiotherapists, optometrists and hearing services
- Large patio area
- TV room with large screen TVs and DVDS
- Visting pet program
- Permanent care
- Ageing in place
Charles O'Neill Hostel offers 40 individual standard rooms with private en-suite bathrooms. Each standard room offers easy access to the lovely outdoor garden area and features an electric high/low bed, bedside table, book shelf, built-in wardrobe, chair, fan and heater as well as emergency call button and phone and television connection.
Quality and privacy of rooms
40 individual rooms
Private en-suite in every room
Facility built in 2001
Average room size: 17.6m2 (sizes may vary between individual rooms)
Furnishings and fittings in rooms
Electric high/low bed
Fan and heater
Accommodation Fee Calculator
Calculate the cost of accommodation and care at one of our residential care services.
1 Wilson Street
Mayfield West NSW 2304
(02) 4960 3901