Programs we deliver
Government funded packages are available to those in need of financial assistance with their care services.
Government funded packages are available to those in need of financial assistance with their care services. Catholic Healthcare has a range of programs which includes Commonwealth Home Support, Home Care Packages, National Disability Insurance Scheme, Hoarding and Squalor and Private Services.
COMMONWEALTH HOME SUPPORT PROGRAM (CHSP)
- CHSP is an entry level home support program designed to help people over the age of 65 with lower care needs to live at home independently.
- Support options covered under CHSP include; respite, social support, help at home, social life and relationships, transport and personal care.
- To access CHSP, the RAS (Regional Assessment Service) will determine eligibility for specific services, based on their assessment of your client’s needs.
HOME CARE PACKAGES (HCP)
- The HCP program provides packages to support people with more complex needs living at home.
- HCP includes clinical and nursing services, respite services, social support, help at home, transport options, personal care, meal services and equipment.
- HCP enables consumers to choose their preferred range of services to meet their individual needs. HCP provides more scope for personalised and targeted care services than CHSP.
- To be eligible for a package, your client must be assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
- Your clients can request the ACAT to refer them to Catholic Healthcare’s Community Services.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages:
Level 1 - Supports people with basic care needs
Level 2 - Supports people with low level care needs
Level 3 - Supports people with intermediate care needs
Level 4 - Supports people with high level care needs
NATIONAL INSURANCE DISABILITY SCHEME (NDIS)
For people living with a disability under 65
- Catholic Healthcare's Community Services is an approved provider of NDIS and other disability services. We provide a wide range of flexible, client-focused services for adults living with a disability.
- Our comprehensive, multidisciplinary assessment focuses on obtaining the optimum NDIS plan and support for your client’s needs.
- Our personalised approach includes optimising access to opportunities and resources to support your client’s lifestyle choices.
HOARDING AND SQUALOR
Catholic Healthcare’s Hoarding and Squalor program provides comprehensive assessment, service coordination, advocacy, referral and case management for people living in hoarding and/or squalor environments. We also provide cleaning interventions that may form part of the comprehensive support program for your clients.
Our Private Services provide immediate access to a range of support options that can be purchased by your clients or their families. These services can be provided without going through the My Aged Care assessment process and are available in most locations across NSW. Services include personal care, help at home and other day-to-day lifestyle activities.